Vidya Balan is an Indian actress who works predominantly in Hindi cinema. Known for pioneering a change in the portrayal of women with her roles in female-led films.
Height & Weight
Actress Vidya Balan is a beautiful woman , Similarly, she stands at a height of 1.6 M.
Vidya Balan did her schooling At. Antony Girls’ High School in Chembur, Mumbai. She joined Sociology from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai and earned Masters degree in Sociology from the University of Mumbai, Mumbai .
Vidya was born to Saraswathy Balan and P. R. Balan. Her father was the executive vice-president of Digicable. Her mother is a homemaker. She has an older sister named Priya Balan, who works in advertising.
She started her acting carrer with a Malayalam film Chakram, but the film was shelved. Then she was signed for a Tamil film, Run but later she got replaced with Meera Jasmine. When Chakram was restarted Meera Jasmine was chosen instead of Vidya.
She then did some television advertising from the year 1998. She also did some supporting roles in some music videos.
Vidya who acted in the biopic of Southern siren, Silk Smitha was in a legal trouble. After The Dirty Picture released, protests by anti-obscenity activists in parts of Hyderabad and other towns were seen. Before the movie was released, it was reported that Silk Smitha’s brother V. Naga Varaprasad Rao moved the Andhra Pradesh High Court, objecting to the way her late sister was portrayed in the film.
Actress Vidya Balan has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2021. She is considered as one of the popular and influential celebrities in B-town. One of the richest celebrities in the entertainment industry, Vidya Balan’s earnings come from acting, television appearances, endorsement deals.
Vidya Balan Facts
- Vidya Balan was awarded the National Film Award for Best Actress for The Dirty Picture (2011) and has won five Filmfare Awards.
- Besides acting in film, Vidya promotes humanitarian causes and supports charitable institutions
- In March 2011, she endorsed World Wildlife Fund’s Earth Hour campaign in India.
- She has graced the covers of famous magazines and writes columns occasionally for leading publications in the country.
- Vidya Balan is the youngest person to receive “The Prabha Khaitan Puraskar” for her efforts toward women empowering by the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce in 2012.
- In 2014, she was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
Vidya Balan is a multilingual, who can speak in English, Tamil, Hindi Malayalam and Bengali.
She is critics’ delight, who often criticizes her for her choice of attire because of her weight.
- When was Vidya Balan born?-January 1, 1979
- Who is the husband of Vidya Balan?-Siddharth Roy Kapur
- What is the nickname of Vidya Balan?– Vidhi, V
What does Net Worth mean? Net Worth is the measurement of financial health which indicates the value of an individual’s or institution’s financial and non-financial assets.
We heartily request you to contact us regarding our shortcomings you may find while visiting our site. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.